I choose to meditate on anything that has virtue or is praiseworthy. I think about things are true, noble, just, pure, lovely, and of good report (Philippians 4:8).
I have not conformed to the pattern of this world, but have been transformed by the renewing of my mind. I will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. (Romans 12:2)
I put off my old self, which was being corrupted by its deceitful desires; and have put on my new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. I have been made new in the attitude of my mind. (Ephesians 4: 22-24)
- I am my Father’s daughter. I am always with Him and all that He has is mine (Luke 15:31).
- I am His darling among the maidens, like a lily among the thorns. My Beloved is mind and I am His (Song of Solomon 2:2,16).
- I am no longer called, Forsaken or Desolate. My new names are Hepbzibah (my delight is in her) and Beulah (married). He delights in me and I am married to Him (Isaiah 62:4).
God rejoices over me as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride (Isaiah 62:5).
- The LORD has chosen me for Himself as His special treasure (Psalm 135:4).
- I declare God’s word about who I am, what I have, and what I can do in Christ Jesus who gives me strength. I am established as His daughter in all ways and I shine in His light (Job 22:8, Isaiah 60:1).
- I am in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here (2 Corinthians 5:17).
- child of God, and because of my hope fixed on him I purify myself, just as He is pure (1 John 3:2-3)
- I am confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in me will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ (Philippians 1:6).
- Christ redeemed me from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for me (Galations 3:13 NIV).
- God forgives all my iniquities and heals all of my diseases (Psalm 103:3).
- God redeems my life from the pit. He crowns me with lovingkindness and compassion (Psalm 103:4).
- I have redemption through Jesus Christ’s blood and the forgiveness of sins. (Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:14).
- I will comfort others with the comfort I received in my day of trouble (2 Corinthians: 3-5)
- I belong to God and have overcome deception because greater is He who is in me than he who is in the world. (1 John 4:4)
- Because they have called me an outcast, He will restore health to me, and my wounds He will heal (Jeremiah 30:17).
After I have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called me to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish me (1 Peter 5:10)
He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. (Psalm 23:3)
- The God of hope fills me with all joy and peace in believing so that I abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit (Romans 15:13).
- Instead of my shame there shall be a double portion; instead of dishonor I will rejoice in my lot; therefore in my land I shall possess a double portion; I shall have everlasting joy.
- I am steadfast of mind. He keeps me in perfect peace because I trust in Him (Isaiah 26:3).
- The joy of the LORD is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10).
- I am anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving I let my requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard my hearts and minds in Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:6-7).
- I can rejoice when I run into problems and trials, for I know that they help me develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens my confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For I know how dearly God loves me, because he has given me the Holy Spirit to fill my heart with his love. (Romans 5: 3-5)
Some of these were taken from Igniting Hope Ministries.
Thank you Steve and Wendy Backlund for the inspiration!